The new R3 release not only has hotfixes but Autodesk have added more technology for users on subscription.
To recap, Release 2 had:
- Shape Generator – Punch in a force, factor of safety and how much weight you need reduced and Shape generator will provide a design that meets the criteria
- Force Effect, which is a simulation app on Android and iOS, is now fully integrated into Inventor. Force Effect gives you the ability at the concept stage to input forces and get a better understanding of loads
- IDF workflow enhancements – more IDF import and publishing options for PCB design
In Release 3, these new features were added:
- Inventor Connected Design on A360 – This integrates A360 into Inventor, so you can share lightweight 3D files with non-inventor users on any web-enabled device and have a live comment feed with notifications from stake holders which you have invited to ‘Design Share’.
- Publish designs to IFC format – The BIM Exchange tool now has the ability to export to Revit, ADSK and buildingSMART-certified IFC.
With the 2017 release about 6 months away, it is great to see these new features already included in 2016.